• In my previous position, my responsibilities were working on daily, weekly and monthly reports using SAS, SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle, Tableau and Excel.
• For example, I created Key Performance Indicator (KPI) report to measure how well business Unit (LOB), employees and project are performing against their strategic goals. I created SLA (Service Level Agreement) reports to view how well we are meeting our SLA policies. I created reports to track Inflow and outflow data and Month-to-data (MTD) case activity. I crated suspicious activity reports and risk management reports for Managers. I created a report that shows existing fraud trends by analyzing accounts and transaction patterns.
• I partner up with teams across different Line of Business (LOB) to solve different problems. That sometimes means automating reports, performing data analysis, defining metrics, creating visualizations, identifying discrepancies, trends, outliers and support findings.
• I design and manage our SharePoint sites. This involves providing access permission to Users, creating Workflows, Lists, Libraries and designing a SharePoint sites.
•Our team had its own database in Teradata environment and I administrated that database. Administrating the database involves:
• Performing ETL, which is Extracting data from various data sources, transforming the data and then loading into destination tables. In other words, I transform raw data into clean, usable, and reliable data to perform data analysis and create reports.
• I create tables, Views, Store procedures and Index
• I provide access permission to Users.
• I monitor the performance of our database and perform database tuning
Overall, these were my responsibilities.
E.g. Performance monitoring shows where the database should be tweaked to operate as efficiently as possible. For example, the way the database is indexed can have a dramatic effect on database performance. With effective monitoring, it is possible to proactively tune a system based on application and usage instead of waiting until a problem develops.
I worked for Wells Fargo for about 15 years in various positions. In my previous positions, I worked on different kind projects and operations that require understanding the customer’s needs, providing solutions to problems and improving the quality of our applications and services. I worked with different line of business (LOB), Vendors, technical team and used different kind of Software tools to complete the project successfully and meet critical deadlines.
I am eager to learn new skills and expand my knowledge in the area of business and current technologies. Therefore, I am currently studying to be certified in SAS and Tableau. I also take Software training courses which enabled me to utilize different kind of tools to support our customers, solve business challenges and also providing information to managers for decision making purpose. For example, by doing data analysis, reconciling data, creating and automating reports, writing queries and testing Applications.
I have a strong work ethics. I like working with people and enjoy group projects, but am also a self-starter who doesn’t mind working on my own.
Why did you apply for this position? /’What interests you about this position?
I’m looking for an opportunity where my skill set can be better utilized. And this position seems like an excellent match for my skills and experience. And also I am convinced that I can utilize my technical skill in this position especially in the area of SQL, SAS, Teradata, Oracle, Tableau, Data Analysis and reporting…..And that is why I applied for this position.
Testing: When I perform testing, I enjoyed the challenge of quickly learning new applications, systems and functionality. And also I enjoy knowing both the big picture and the technical details of the application and
First of all, I would like to say that I enjoyed working for Wells Fargo and appreciate all the skills I developed there. I have learned a lot during my time with the company and it provided me a lot of opportunities to utilize both my technical and business skills.
I left my job on February 26 to focus on school and finish my MBA program. I was in the final semester of the program which requires a full-time commitment of my time and I had a highly demanding job which required me to work at least 60 hours, so working while attending school was difficult.
I have now completed my MBA program and I graduated on May 8th.
It was not a decision that I have taken easily, but I wasn’t worried about finding a new job once I graduated, so that is why I decided to leave my job to focus on my school
A capstone is the most intensive collaborative project of an MBA curriculum
When I face a challenge, what I usually do is, I try to handle a challenging situation by staying focused and not get panicked, so that I can think well for the possible solution of the problem as soon as possible. And then I make sure that I understand the cause of the problem or the challenge, I will do a research and also ask for an advice if I need to. Once I have a solution for the problem, then I will implement it.
Just to give you an example, I was working on one project. The purpose of the project was to create a report using Tableau and SQL Server. During this project, I missed one milestone which had a potential to cause a cascaded effect on the entire project. The problem that I faced was the users kept changing their requirements, because they didn’t know their actual needs. That was a challenge for me because I had to change the code and visualization every time when they change their requirement. Eventually I managed to get the schedule back on track after I had a discussion with them about their needs and how the requirement change was affecting the project completion date.
So, I said, when face a challenge, I will try to find out the cause of the challenge and seek solution for it.
Question: How do you get the schedule back on track?
Answer: By working extra hours
It’s common to show a stakeholder my working reports to date only to have them realize that what they asked for really isn’t what they want after all
When I feel stressed or pressured at work, what I usually do is I try to understand the cause of the stress. If it is caused by too much work or overburden, I will just prioritizing my responsibilities so I have a clear picture of what needs to be done when. If it is caused by lack of knowledge or experience, I will try to get more information about it or talk to my Manger if there is any training option. If it is caused by lack of direction, I will ask for guidance and direction. Sometimes I just take a step back and take a quick break just to clear my head. These have helped me so far to effectively manage pressure/stress on the job.
Give me an example of time when you had a challenge to overcome, what obstacle did you face and what was the end result. Or What situations did you face that required a resolution? Or Describe a time when you faced a problem and how did you resolve it and what step did you take? Tell me about a time you overcame an obstacle
Just to give you an example from one of the projects that I worked on, when we design a database or report, it is very important to follow some standard naming convention, especially when we name tables and their fields.
But, one of the databases that I was working on and some of the spreadsheets didn’t follow the standard naming convention when they were created. For example, sometimes different fields are referred to by the same name and sometimes the same fields are referred to by different names.
The conflict here seems simple, but it was really ambiguous and confusing both for the users and the system. For example, I remember we used to run into a problem when we want to validate, reconcile or consolidate data. Because, everyone was not following the same rule especially when it comes to naming field names.
So, I suggested following standard naming conventions for the database and the spreadsheets that we use. So, it was accepted and I created standard names for all the tables and their fields. As a result of that, creating reports, reconciliation and data consolidation is now much easier.
For example, when it referred to Customer name, in one spreadsheet it said “Relationship”, on the others it says “Client name” or “Borrower Name”, but they all refer to the same thing which is ‘Customer name’.
Question: Why did the problem happen?
Answer: We didn’t have this kind of issues with our existing affiliates, but this one was a new affiliate that is why we had this kind of problem initially
Describe a time when you made a suggestion to improve the work in your organization?
In my previous positions, I worked on many projects to automate reports using SQL Server, SAS, Tableau, and Teradata. Automating the reports have improved reporting functions, employees’ efficiency, and also reduced the amount of time spent on managing data, because the reports are fully automated.
The Problem: Querying multiple data sources
For example, I worked with one team to solve one reporting issue. The issue was, they were not able to meet business information needs, because they didn’t have a means to report from multiple data sources.
So, this created a need to accumulate data from multiple data sources and manually compile the data into a reportable format. So, this detracted them from creating real time, fully automated and standardized reporting. And also, it required them numerous hours to combine data and create the required reports needed for management.
Solution: To solve this problem, I created an ETL process using SAS to extract data from multiple data sources, transform the data and load it into a single data repository in Teradata that can be queried to produce fully automated, real-time reports using Tableau.
What are your accomplishments?
Analytic Consultant 4
For example, I eliminated repetitive (ርፐተቲቭ) and tedious tasks by automating the process using Cron job or Cron schedule. Cron is a Unix and Linux utility that allows tasks to run automatically. It runs in the background at regular intervals.
Cron job has a specific set of execution instructions specifying day, time, and command to execute. It is an effective way to schedule a routine background job at a specific day and time on an on-going basis without human interference.
When the Cron Job completes, it exports data from SAS to excel file and sends email with attachment
Automating theses repetitive (ርፐተቲቭ) and tedious tasks reduced manual processes, improved reliability, maximized efficiency and minimized human errors. It also helped people (for example, front office works) to devote their time and energy to more impactful, valuable, and meaningful work, such as decision making and problem-solving.
Advantages of a Cron job are:
• You have more control over when it runs. You control the minute, hour, day that it will execute.
• It doesn’t occupy memory in your system when it’s not running.
• If it fails and exits for some reason, it will start up again when the proper time comes
• Automating the process eliminate human error and manual data entry by automatically collecting, uploading, or syncing data into a system of record
• I automated the SAS jobs which will execute the required SAS macros on a given specific time point, will also check the log for errors and warnings. If there are any errors, it will send an e-mail with log file. If the job is completed successfully, then it will send the SAS output to the e-mail to appropriate personnel.
The term “job” refers to a set of SAS program(s) to be run in sequence
The crontab is a list of commands that you want to run on a regular schedule
The crontab facility is built-in to Unix, and allows you to indicate the date and time at which to execute commands.
What are your accomplishments?
Analytic Consultant 4
The Problem: Querying multiple data sources
I worked on one project to create a reporting database. Before I create this reporting database, the LOB accumulated data from multiple data sources and manually compile the data into a reportable format. So, this detracted them from creating real time and standardized reporting. And also, it requires numerous hours to combine data and generate the required reports needed for management.
Solution: To solve this problem, I created an ETL process using SAS to extract data from multiple data sources, transform the data and load it into a single data repository in Teradata that can be queried to produce a fully automated, real-time reports using Tableau.
1. This reporting database improved the LOB’s ability to deliver insights faster.
2. It increased efficiency. For example, it is very time consuming for a business user to gather data from multiple sources. It’s far more advantageous for this data to be gathered in one place which is the benefit of a data warehouse.
For example, if someone wants to run a report, they don’t need to get the assistance from tech support to perform this task. A data warehouse makes this data readily available – in the correct format – which improves the efficiency of the entire process.
3. It enabled historical Insights. For example, if someone wants to know the ‘Risk Rating’ of a customer 6 months ago, the rich historical data provided by our data warehouse makes this possible.
4. It increased the speed of data analytics. For example, BI and analytics requires high quality, standardized data – on time and available for rapid data mining. Our data warehouse enables this speed.
5. It enhanced quality of data. For example, by converting the data into consistent formats for an efficient feed for analytics and reporting.
6. And also, Automating the reports have improved reporting functions, employees’ efficiency, and also reduced the amount of time spent on managing data.
• Data warehouse is a system used for reporting and data analysis, and is considered a core component of business intelligence.
• DWs are central repositories of integrated data from one or more disparate sources. They store current and historical data in one single place that are used for creating analytical reports.
• The data stored in the warehouse is uploaded from the operational systems. The data may require data cleansing for additional operations to ensure data quality before it is used in the DW for reporting. Extract, transform, load (ETL) are the two main approaches used to build a data warehouse system.
• I worked on one project. The purpose of the project was to create an Inflow and Outflow report that shows the inflow of data to a particular group and outflow of data from that particular group on a daily and monthly basis.
Before I created this report, the daily data pipeline was seen as a mysterious black box. Nobody new how many new records are coming in to this particular group and how many cases are moving out on daily bases.
So, I created the Inflow and Outflow report using Tableau, SAS and Teradata.
• The report enables users to see exactly what’s happening within it on a daily basis.
• They can see exactly when pipeline increases one day, and decreases another day. They can see how many new cases are coming in and how many cases are moving out. So, this solved their problem
In my previous positions, I worked on many projects to automate reports and implemented Business Intelligence (BI) solutions using SQL Server, SAS, Tableau, and Teradata.
One way to automate report is through live-linked data between Tableau reporting tool and other data sources. For example, the data source can be Teradata, SQL Server, SharePoint List or Excel. Once a report is created using live-linked data, the user simply has to open the existing report or hit refresh button to get real-time insight into specific information.
Automating the reports have improved reporting functions, employees’ efficiency, minimize human error and also reduced the amount of time spent on managing data, because the reports are fully automated and updated automatically.
These reports are also interactive and provide end users with the capability to do various manipulations to the report such as, drilling down, drilling through various levels of data, filtering, and sorting.
Give me an example when you have gone above and beyond expectation? Doing something that is beyond my normal duties
I think there are times when I have gone above and beyond expectation by broadening my job description, taking on new projects, improving our business processes and offering help to customer and co-workers.
Just to give you an example, When I first started in my previous position, it was a new team and there was no process and procedures for all tasks. So, we had to start everything from the scratch. For example, I wrote Standard Operating Procedures for those tasks and designed a workflow diagram that shows the business process.
A Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is a document consisting of step-by-step instruction on how to execute/perform a task
I wrote some of these SOPs or training materials on Weekends and outside of the regular working hours
1) When I write new Standard Operating Procedures or update the old once, first I make sure that I understand the task. I will talk to the people who actually do the job and also if it is possible, I will perform the task myself to see how it is performed.
2) I write down each step clearly and concisely. I would keep the process divided into individual steps to make them easily understood.
3) After all the steps have been documented, I will have someone to go through the procedure and do the task by following the steps as written and provide me a feedback.
4) Finally, once all of the SOPs have been created, reviewed, and approved by a manager, I will put them on our SharePoint site.
On the SOP, I write the date it was written, when it was approved and who approved it. This information will help us when we need to update them.
• I also worked as team Capitan for United way representing my department for raising money for a noble cause.
I received a thank you email from my Manger for my accomplishment , but I was most proud of the team spirit and cooperation which it took to pull it off.
When I analyze a problem,
First I define the Problem. I write down what I see happening
2nd: I collect the data and gather all the proof that I have that the problem exists, for how long and the impact of the problem.
3rd: I identify Possible Causal Factors
• Here I identify the sequence of events that leads to the problem, the conditions allow the problem to occur and other problems surround the occurrence of the central problem.
3rd: I identify the Root Cause(s) of the problem
Finally I identify the solution to the problem and then recommend or Implement the Solutions
• What can you do to prevent the problem from happening again?
• How will the solution be implemented?
• Who will be responsible for it?
• What are the risks of implementing the solution?
Just to give you an example, one of my responsibilities is to identify if there is any discrepancy between records is our databases and records in our affiliates’ or vendors’ database. Once I received a request from one of our affiliates to provide them information for about 200,000 loans. So I wrote a SQL query and run it against our database. When I compare my query result against the data that I received from one of our vendors, out of 15 fields, 2 fields didn’t have correct information for almost entire loans. The data that we have in our database should always match with the data that we receive from our Vendors, but it in this case they didn’t match. After some digging and research, I found out that we were not receiving an update for those two fields on regular bases from our vendor, because they were considered non-critical fields. So I requested our vendor to send us an update for those 200,000 loans. Eventually I was able to provide the correct information to our affiliate.
• In this case, the problem was we were not receiving an update from our vendor for two fields in our database.
• The cause of the problem was two fields were considered ‘non-critical’
• To solve the problem , I requested our Vendor to send us an update to our database for the entire loans in that portfolio on regular bases.
Lesson learned: I have learned how to analyze a problem in a database to determine what happened, why it happened and what to do to make sure that it won’t happen again.
I can give you an example. Our Team sends updates to our Affiliates database on a daily basis regarding any changes on Customers’ loans through an automated system. My responsibility is to perform reconciliation to make sure that the database of our Affiliates is updated with the correct information we send them. The information in our database should always match with the information in our affiliate database, but sometime I see discrepancies when I performed reconciliation. During a particular period of time, I started seeing a lot of discrepancies. After I did some research, I realized that there was a trend on the day the discrepancies occurred. All discrepancies were part of the update we sent them on Friday. The issue was, over the weekend we had a lot of processes running on our Server and the job that we scheduled to send an update to this particular affiliate was failed. So, in this case recognizing the trend in the data helped us to identify and fix the issue.
How do you prioritize your work load/task?
In my pirvious position, I work on variety of tasks and some of them are routine, and some of them are subjected to deadlines and others have a higher priority. In order to prioritize them, first I make a To Do List by writing down all the tasks that need to be done and then analyze them in order to label them as low, high, and top priority tasks and focus on the most important and urgent task to complete them first and then I start working my way down the list until I get all of them done.
If I am not familiar with the task, I will work closely with my manager to develop a priority schedule for the task on my TO Do List until I become familiar with the tasks and the business practices.
If there is any priority conflict, I will review my priorities work with my Manager to decide which task need to be given higher priority or make my own decision based on the information I have.
For example, I performed Testing on applications. So, before I start testing, first I prioritize what functions of the application to test first. Because, testing key functions first will help to identify the most valuable bugs and also it will allow the developers to fix those key functions of the application as quickly as possible
• Top priority – Top priority tasks that are considered as being urgent and important,
• High priority – High priority tasks are important but not urgent,
• Low priority – Low priority tasks that are neither urgent nor important.
How do you handle pressure and multiple deadlines?
How do you deal with pressure to meet deadlines?
When I work on a multiple project, fist I list all the projects that I am involved in, including all deadlines for the projects and then I prioritize them based on their importance and due dates and then allocate enough time to each project to complete them by the set deadline.
Communication is very important; therefore, I provide my progress report to my Manager and Customer on regular bases.
If there is any priority conflict, I will work with my manager or customer to decide which one has to be given a priority or make my own decision based on the information I have.
First, I would send an email or set up a meeting with the person to discuss about the project. I will discuss the expected output of the project and the deadlines; and then I will ask where he/she is at in the project and ask if he/she will be able to meet the datelines. If he doesn’t, I will ask why. So, depending on the reason, I will see what I can do to help him/her to complete the project.
What was the last project you headed up, and what was its outcome?
I managed small projects and also a small segment of larger projects. For example, recently I worked in a couple of projects. One of them was a User Acceptance Testing; the other one was automating reports.
When I managed these projects, first I defined the objective and scope of the project; and then I developed an initial plan for the project and then organized a kick of meeting to get everyone together to brainstorm and get their input.
To manage the project, I created a project Task on SharePoint which helped me define all the major tasks of the project, who is assigned to them, and when they are due.
After 2 weeks we started to implement our plan. We had a deadline to meet, so I did periodic checks with the team. As the project progressed, I made some adjustment to the initial time lines to complete a couple of tasks due to other priorities and requirement changes. But eventually we completed the project successfully with a great team effort.
I received a thank you email from my Manger for my accomplishment and leadership, but I was most proud of the team spirit and cooperation which it took to pull it off.
Success of the project:
I define the success of the project when the objective of the project is met on time
What was the challenge of the project?
• Priorities changed
• Requirement changed
• Project team members needing unplanned time off
Questions You Should Ask on Every Project
1. Why are we doing this?
2. What problem are we solving?
How do you adapt to change?
I believe I adopt well with the change. For example, sometimes after I planned my day and what I was going to work on and then suddenly something urgent comes up, so I had to adjust my priorities and accept the change.
There were also times when the information that I received from our Affiliates or Vendors created a change in how you handle an aspect of an ongoing project. In this case, I also adopted with the change.
Have you ever been on a team where someone was not pulling their own weight? How did you handle it?
You had a project delivery and your team was not able to meet deadline. How do you handle the situation?
There are times when there are multiple deadlines and the time allocated is not enough to complete a particular project. Sometimes this happened because the customer changed their original requirement or sometimes something unexpected things happen. Most of the time, if need extra time for whatever reason, I can work from Home, so I dedicate that extra time and complete the project. If the customer changed their requirement, especially at the end of the project, which sometimes happens, I’ll let my Manager and Customer know that our original expected completion date might be affected due to the requirement change.
It’s better to be honest about what I can accomplish than to attempt to do it all and become overwhelmed and not meet the deadline or do a bad job rushing to meet it.
• For example, if I am assigned to a task by my manager, I will ask him when they he wants the task to be completed by.
• I will create identifiable milestone
• And prioritize my task
How to convince people to accept your ideas? Or describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.
Before I try to convince/persuade others, first I will establish my own credibility by acquiring expertise as well as building a good relationship with Mangers, co-workers or users. Because people tend to accept your idea or suggestion if you have a good relationship with them and also if I am credible and have knowledge in the area that I am addressing
Next, I will frame the goal on common grounds and describe the benefits of my position that I am advocating in terms of what they want and what I want to see happening and I create consensus around that.
I will also do a research and use supporting documents from credible sources to reinforce my position.
Finally, I will demonstrate (ደምንስትሬት) or create a prototype to show them how my idea can solve the problem and benefits the company.
Just to give you an example, I worked on one project. The purpose of the project was to improve the business processes. So, we first study the current state of the business processes and then we identify a problem in the business process, if there is any, and then we give a recommendation how it can be improved.
My responsibility was to design a Business Process Model that shows our business processes. At first there was some disagreement with one of project team members why we need to document about the processes that were considered inefficient and needed to be changed. His argument was, since those processes were considered inefficient, he didn’t see the importance of documenting about the broken system or process.
My argument was “If we define and document about the Current State of the business process, we can then use that as a benchmark to measuring how much better the Future State is after the change is being implemented. And also, to comply with government regulation, we have to document certain business processes. So, he was convinced and accepted my idea.
Advantage of AS-IS
The AS-IS modeling present the existing structures and processes in a Company, and also document known and obvious weaknesses and potential improvements based on collected information.
Disadvantage of not doing AS-IS analysis
The consequences can range from delivering poor performance – obviously “broken processes” – to a total disaster!
Describe a time when you work on a project and have to see things from other’s perspective
Other people see things differently
when I work on a project with other people; I gained a fresh perspective because they have a different background and way of seeing things. For example, they have tried things before that I have not, so they have a slightly different approach. When I worked with other people, it made me to see things from different angle or perspective which helped me to expand my point of view.
Other people have knowledge you don’t
when I work on a project with other people, they bring knowledge with them and expand the capabilities of those they work with. I can read books or Google it, but many times other people bring in knowledge I didn’t even know it was out there to search for. And the internet doesn’t have everything.
I get a little bit nervous when I give a presentation. I am aware of it; I’ve been working hard to change it. I read some materials online that help me to overcome the problem and I have been making a progress with it over the years.
• I have a strong technical skill and experience in creating reports and performing data analysis using SQL Server, SAS, Tableau, Teradata, Oracle, SharePoint and Excel.
• I am eager to learn new skills and expand my knowledge in the area of business and current technologies.
• My attention to details, for example, in my previous position one of my responsibilities was to perform User Acceptance testing (UAT) and Regression Testing. So, I have to test each and everything functionalities of the Software in order to make sure that all the user requirements are met before they are moved to production environment.
Because, I sincerely believe that I have the required knowledge and experience for this position. I have a strong work ethics; I am quick learner and also have a good business and technical background that enables me to be a productive member of your team.
Currently I am looking for the right opportunity and I am confident that if you find me the best candidate for this position, you will extend me your best and fair offer and I will accept it.
• In my last position, my base salary was 98, 267 and I also had 15% bonus. So, my total compensation was around 113, 000.
• I need more information about the job and the responsibilities involved before we can begin to discuss salary. So, can you give me an idea of the range budgeted for this position?”
• My salary requirements are negotiable. If we get to the stage where you would like to make an offer, I would be happy to discuss my salary requirements in more details at that time.
• What is the range for this position?
• I understand that the salary range for this position is $XX – $XX. Like most people, I would like to improve on my salary, but I’m more interested in the job itself than the money
If you are given a task without or little guidance how are you going to do it?
It depends on the project. If it is a project that I am familiar with, I can do it with little information (guidance) or without, but it’s a new or complex one, I try to fill the luck of information (guidance) by asking questions about the task (Project) (For example I would ask a question like, What is the purpose of the task (or project)?, what is the problem we are trying to solve? What is the expected output?), and this kind of questions; and also I will take a look at similar project that was done in the past if there is any. I read the instruction and also do some research that helps me to understand task or the project.
Just to give you an example, I remember once a developer asked me to test an application. The schedule of testing was not adequate for the amount of testing that should be performed, because the testing was primarily manual. The information that I was provided was also not sufficient to do the testing properly.
So, before I start doing the testing, I clarified requirements with stakeholders, worked extra hours and completed the testing.
The most costly scenario is to have the defect found by the end user of the product after it is deployed to production environment.
Question: Why there was insufficient time?
Answer: I think there was some pressure on them to complete the project
Have you ever had a disagreement/ conflict with your co-worker or manager? If so, how did you solve it?
Tell us about the time you dealt with difficult customer or coworker?
Yes, I had disagreement in the past. Never major ones, but there had been disagreements that needed to be resolved. When I have a disagreement with anybody, what I usually do is, I listen to them first and try to understand their point of view and try to see things from their perspective. Because, this helps me to analyze the disagreement and seek to work out a collaborative solution if it possible. So, if I am convinced by their argument, I would accept it and that will be the end of the disagreement, but if I am not, I will set forth my disagreement clearly and tell them how I see it. If we are still not able to come to the agreement, I will suggest resolving the problem through mediation
I believe I’m a good team player. In fact, I got the opportunities at work and at school to develop my skills as a team player. For example, in my previous positions and at School, I worked on several team projects both as a member of a team and as a team leader. During these times, I’ve seen the value of working together as a team, because we were able to achieve a greater goal than any one of us could have achieved individually, because we were able to collaborate, generate ideas and got things done in a shorter time frame.
And also, I was awarded two a Team Excellence award for role that I played in our team. I hope this says something about me.
Example of team work:
Just to give you another example, in my previous position, I was part of a software implementation team. In that team we all worked together to plan and manage the implementation schedule, to provide users training, and ensured that they had a smooth transition to a new system. Our team completed our projects ahead of schedule with very positive reviews from the users. My responsibilities in the implementation team were to perform user acceptance testing, preparing training material and also providing training for the users.
Collaboration and Corporation
I worked on projects that required collaboration from different line of business (LOB), Vendors, Software Developer, Project Managers and my co-worker.
Just to give you one example, I recently worked on a project. The main purpose of the project was to test our Software Applications before they move to production environment. It is called a User Acceptance Testing. We collaborated in this project because it required the expertise of many people to deliver a quality Software to the Users that meets their business needs.
When we collaborated in this project, first we made sure that everyone understands the purpose of the collaboration, the degree of commitment required, and the expectation from each one of us involved in the project.
My responsibility in this project was to write test case, test the Software, and finally report the test result to stakeholders.
We used different kind of communication and collaboration tools in this project such as SharePoint, desktop sharing, email, instant messaging, and phone conferences.
During these times, I’ve seen the value of collaboration, because it helped us to deliver a higher quality software in a shorter time frame.
UAT: is a final stage of Software testing to make sure that the application is error free and meet our business needs.
Do you prefer to work independently or in a team?
I am equally comfortable working as a member of a team or independently. In the job description, I could see similarities of this position to my current and previous positions where there are some assignments that require independent work and others where team effort is most important. So, as I said, I’m equally comfortable working independently or as team member.
When was the time you have showed leadership as a team leader for your group?
Tell me about a situation in which you demonstrated your leadership ability?
In school, I worked many times as a Team leader for Class project and also l headed projects at work. So, whenever we have a project, if I am a team leader either at work or school.
• First, I tried to know the people that I worked with, so I can understand who is good at what, which helps me to encourage them to bring out the best in them.
• I organized a meeting to get everyone together to brainstorm and get their input.
• From the meeting I drew up a plan, taking the best of the ideas and then I tried to create a picture of the ideal project outcome that others support and back it up with a realistic roadmap for accomplishing that project.
• Generally, I worked to advance the team’s goal instead of individual goals.
Is there any decision you made but you wished you didn’t or you would have done it differently?
There are things I wished I would have done it differently. But, the best thing that I can do right now is to take responsibility for my shortcomings and learn from it. I can’t return back the past. So, what I can do is to make the right decision now and try not to repeat the same mistake again that I will soon regrate.
All the right and wrong decision that I made in the past has made me who I am today and hopefully made me a little bit wiser in my present decisions.
I remember once I received a request from one of our affiliates to make change to a SharePoint site that we customized for them according to their needs. This affiliate has offices in two different locations and they have two different SharePoint sites one for each location. I received a request from a Manger who manages one of the locations to make a change to both SharePoint sites. So, I made a change he requested and I sent out an email to notify all the parties who are affected by the change. Right away I received an email from the other manager saying “I wish you didn’t make that change to the site, because there was a reason why we kept them separate” and right away before I respond to that email, I received another email from the manager who initially requested the change apologizing for making the request. Then I changed them back the way they used to be. Since then, if I received a request to make a change to something that is utilized by multiple people, I always make sure that I notify all parties that are affected by the change first before I make any change.
What is your greatest failure, and what did you learn from it?
** I am not sure if I would call it a failure, but I had a learning moment.
In my previous job, I was given an assignment to create a report for one of the teams we support. About half-way through the process, I realized that I didn’t gather enough information about their business process. So, I had to take time out to do a research and gather requirements, and that put me under a lot of pressure to meet the dateline. So, as a result of that I have learned to do my research sooner rather than later. And since then, I haven’t had that kind of problem.
What have you learned from mistakes on the job?
• I remember once I received a request from one of our affiliates to make change to a SharePoint site that we customized for them according to their needs. This affiliate has offices in two different locations and they have two different SharePoint sites one for each location. I received a request from a Manger who manages one of the locations to make a change to both SharePoint sites. So, I made a change he requested and I sent out an email to notify all the parties who are affected by the change. Right away I received an email from the other managers saying “I wish you didn’t make that change to the site, because there was a reason why we kept them separate” and right away before I respond to that email, I received another email from the manager who initially requested the change apologizing for making the request. Then I changed them back the way they used to be. Since then, if I received a request to make a change to something that is utilized by different people, I always make sure that I notify all parties that are affected by the change first before I make any change.
• In my previous position, when I first started, I received a request to write a SQL query and run it against our SQL Server database in order to provide flood insurance information to one of our affiliates for about 300,000 loans. So, I wrote a query and run 300,000 loans in one batch. The problem is, the process took a long time to complete and one of our applications that uses that database as a back-end became very slow…..eventually I found out that the query that I was running consumed a lot of CPU time and made our application to be very slow. Since then, before I run a query, I make sure that it is optimized.
• In my previous job, I was given an assignment to create a report to one of the LOB we supported. About half-way through the process, I realized that I didn’t gather enough information about their business process. So, I had to take time out to do a research and gather requirements, and that put me under a lot of pressure to meet the dateline. As a result of that I have learned to do my research sooner rather than later and since then I haven’t had that kind of problem.
If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?
In my previous job, I was given an assignment to create a report to one of the LOB we supported. About half-way through the process, I realized that I didn’t gather enough information about their business process. So, I had to take time out to do a research and gather requirements, and that put me under a lot of pressure to meet the dateline. As a result of that I have learned to do my research sooner rather than later and since then I haven’t had that kind of problem. But, if I had to do it all over again, this is what I would do differently. To do my research sooner than later
Tell me about any issues you had with any of your managers?
I never had an issue with any of my previous or current managers. I really admired them as a person and I was able to learn many valuable lessons working for them and I really had and still have a good working relationship with all my managers.
• I am motivated by being challenged because it gives me the opportunity to utilize my skills and knowledge.
• I am motivated by the desire to do a good job at whatever position I am in. Because I always feel that is important to me personally, and for the company that I work for and the clients that I serve.
Describe a time when you used initiative to resolve a particular problem.
Wells Fargo does community outreach with local organizations like United Way, Meal for Wheals and Habitat. So, in couple of events I sold books and I served lunch to raise money for these organizations. I also worked as United Way Capitan representing my department.
What is your long term goal? / Where/What do you see yourself doing five years from now?
I have learned that long-term goals are best achieved when I break them into shorter goals. Therefore, my short-term goal is to improve my knowledge and skills in the area of business and also in the current and upcoming technologies. To accomplish this, I take different kind of training courses online. I am studying to be certified in SAS, Tableau and SQL Server. In doing so, I believe I will be fully prepared to take on greater responsibilities that might be presented in the near future.
My long-term goal is to work in an increasingly responsible position that enables me to utilize my skill and work closely with my colleagues in solving problems. I see myself taking on new and exciting challenges and work in an enjoyable environment and contributing as much of value as I can.
And also, I make sure that I am aware of the current news and advancements in my field and stay updated in every way possible.
Are you a proactive and have you ever been?
I try to handle situations before they start, but sometimes when I can’t, I will become reactive. But, most of the time, instead of waiting for something to happen and then reacting to it, I try to look several steps ahead and predict problems before they exist and take some prevention measures.
For example, when I work on something, I usually take a back-up, so if something unexpected happens to the file or the data, then I will be able to restore it from the back up.
And also, when I create a dataset or SharePoint site or work on spreadsheet that is used by multiple users, I create a data validation, Constraints and also add some security features to them to protect the data from being deleted or updated by unauthorized users.
How do you deal with criticism?
I believe that constrictive criticism is vital to my continued growth, so I welcome that as it helps me to do better or produce better results
What are your Expectations for the Job?
I expected the maximum utilization of my skills and knowledge. I also expect to grow professionally with regards to the course I pursuing and also I want to improve my knowledge with relevant training
What irritates you about co-workers?
What causes you to lose your temper?
I believe it is very importance to stay professional, especially in the work environment. We all have differences in opinion, but nothing as adults we can’t discuss and solve or at least find a common ground if we are willing to do so. So, I try to discuss and solve the problem before it gets to the point of irritation or losing tamper and I have never gotten to that point.
How do you like to be managed?
I would like to be given an objective and direction, and then I will rely on my responsibility to see that the objective is met with very little direct management. If there is anything that is a “need to know” for you while I am accomplishing my task, I will bring the matter to your attention. If I make a mistake, I just want to know as soon as passable so I can fix right way and also I would like to know the chain of command for consultation.
I also like constructive criticism and feedback so I can improve myself
What do you think of your present or past Manager?
My manger is really a good person.
• He is good at setting goals and objective and ensuring there is nothing stopping me from attaining them.
• He has an honest and open communication with me regarding my work.
• He is fair and recognizes my efforts and gives me a feedback.
• My previous manager, he had excellent technical skills and was very agreeable as a colleague.
What does your manager say about you? How do others describe you?
1. I believe he would say, Okay let me tell you his very words in my performance review, He said that I put my mind to the task at hand and make sure that it’s accomplished.
2. He said if he has ever had something that needed to be done, I am one of the persons who he could always depend on to see that it was accomplished.
My professors, I think they would say that I always took a keen interest in the subjects I was studying and always sought ways to apply the knowledge in real world settings.
What did you like or dislike about your present or last job?”
What I like about my current job is:
• I enjoyed the people I worked with. It is a friendly and fun atmosphere.
• I like the variety in my work
• I like the challenging and learning experience. I got opportunity to work on different kind of projects and developed my skills.
• My company has a good education policy and pay for my tuition.
• I can work from home or from office which also I think is good.
I honestly can’t think of anything about my job that I dislike. I am glad that I have chosen this career path.
Tell me about a time you didn’t perform to your capabilities. Or underperformed
The first time I had to give a presentation about the project that I was working on. I was only prepared for something I wanted to report and didn’t anticipate some of their questions. I didn’t feel good about my performance at that time. After that I always try to anticipate the questions that might be asked and brainstorm with my colloquies the what-ifs in advance.
What distinguishes you from your co-workers?
My co-works are developers who built most of our applications from scratch and consultants and analyst who have been there for a long time and they know about the business very well, so I will try to answer this question without comparing myself with them. For example, if I am given an assignment or if I am working on a project, I will try to come up with the most efficient way to do it rather than just doing things the way they have always been done.
I never assume our customers are satisfied with our service, so I do my best to follow up with them because their feedback provide valuable insight into the quality our service, and also the customer appreciates the follow-up, especially when something has gone wrong and I still have the opportunity to fix it on a timely basis. In addition, I’m able to pass on information to other team members to help improve the process and service.
Describe a time when you had to make an unpopular decision.
In my previous position, I work for Wells Fargo Flood Insurance. Flood insurance covers losses to property caused by flooding. So, one of the services we provided to our affiliates was to monitor the mortgage loans for them for the term of the loan and notify them if the home owner is required to have a ‘flood insurance’ or not. If the home owner is required to have a flood insurance that means the house is in a flood zone and they need buy flood insurance within 45 days after notification. If they refused to buy a ‘flood insurance’, the lender or servicer will place a forced flood insurance on them which is expensive.
So, when I look up the Map and decide that the house is in a flood zone and the home owner required to have a ‘flood insurance’. I know that it unpopular with some home owner, especially with those who are barely making their monthly mortgage payment. So, making this kind of decision is not easy for me as it affects people’s life even though I believe that having a ‘flood insurance’ can save them a lot of money if in case their property is damaged by flood.
What qualities do you feel a successful manager should have?
Focus on two words: leadership and vision.
The key qualities of a successful manager are leadership, the ability to set goals and directions for subordinates, good communication skill, and also the ability to inspire employees to reach the highest of their abilities.
A successful manager should also be a visionary both for the company and the people who are working under them.
What type of supervision do you like?
• I work best with a supervisor who is professional and values hard work. It is very important that I work with someone that I can learn from. I also believe it is crucial to have a supervisor who allows you to think out of the box and contribute new ideas.
• I enjoy working for a supervisor who gives constructive feedback so that I can improve myself and contribute even more to the organization. I think it is important for supervisors to have open communication so their staff feels comfortable asking questions and learning from them their expertise.
What is your personal philosophy towards work?
My personal philosophy is, work with interest, dedication and getting quality in the final result that meets or exceeds customer’s expectation.
What do people often criticize about you?
My friends always say I like unsocial extra activities like being on my computer, reading, and watching news or documentaries.
I’d like it to be a long time.” or “As long as we both feel I’m doing a good job.
I would say ‘Yes’. I have set goals for myself, and I have met some and am on track to achieve the others
One of the ways that I measure my own success in my job is through customer feedback. When the customer is satisfied with my service, I take that as an indication that I am doing a good job.
What’s your dream job?
My dream job would include all of the responsibilities in this position you’re trying to fill and also that allows me to put my knowledge and skills to good use, and give me the opportunity to grow.
I thrive in a fast-changing environment where there is business growth and where I can make a meaningful difference to the company.
Have you worked or served as department liaison (Lea zan) to technology group?
• I worked as Liaison (Lea zan) between the end Users of our application and Developers or Programmers who built the application. For example, my department uses applications that interface two of our vendors’ databases. So, when our Vendors add new functionality to their database or make any change to their application, I have to perform a user acceptance testing before they apply the change they made into production environment or before we start using them. During this testing, I serve as a Liaison (Lea zan) between the technical team who built the application and the end users who actually use the application.
• I worked as Liaison (Lea zan) between our Call Center team members and technical Support team. For example, in my previous position, one of my responsibilities is to provide a technical support to our call Center team member. So if they have any issues with their Application, I will work with them and also with the technical team to resolve the issue.
• I also worked as Liaison (Lea zan) between our technical team and our Vendors and Affiliates. For example, one of my responsibilities was to handle all system downtime communications when our Servers are down for maintenance, upgrade or for any other issues, so when our Server is down, I serve as a liaison between a technical team and our Affiliates and Vendors until our Servers are up and running without any issue.
E.g. I notify all affected parties
Why did you apply for this position? /’What interests you about this position?
When I first joined my previous team, I was the first person who was hired. I already had all the tools I needed on my computer when I joined the team, but since it was new team, there was no reporting infrastructure, no database and no SharePoint. So, I had to design a SharePoint Site, create a database and reporting infrastructure from scratch.
When I first get access to a new database:
• First, I will ask for an Entity Relationship Diagram (or ERD) and Data dictionary
o The Entity Relationship Diagram helps me to understand the associations or interactions between tables (or Entities)
o The Data dictionary helps me to learn the names, definitions, and attributes of data elements used in a database
• And then, I will perform Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA)
Exploratory Data Analysis is a process of performing initial investigations on data to discover patterns, to spot anomalies, to test hypothesis and to check assumptions with the help of summary statistics and graphical representations.
It is a good practice to understand the data first and try to gather as many insights from it. EDA is all about making sense of data in hand
For example, it is a good practice to know the columns and their corresponding data types, along with finding whether they contain null values or not. And also using different functions to get count, mean, minimum and maximum values. This gives me a good a glimpse of data. I also explore data with graphs.
• I will also ask for the contact information of folks who developed or work on the database and building a good working relationship with them.
What do you ask on your first day?
• First I try to know the people I work with. I will try to learn who is good at what, so I can go to the right person if I have question.
• I will ask what the chain of command is for consultation
• I will ask and also learn about the business, the tools and techniques used in the Department.
Why did you go back to school to get a Master’s degree?
I want to be a well-rounded person who understand business, accounting, Marking, and IT
How do you Analyze data?
When I do data analysis, first I write down the purpose of the data analysis and the questions that needs to be answered by analyzing the data. Once I have determined those questions and what I want to learn through data analysis, then I will start collecting, cleaning and organizing those data in the way that helps me to do the analysis. To do the data analysis, I mainly use SAS, Teradata, SQL, Tableau and Excel. I use Graphs, charts and PivotTable as they help me to look at the data from different perspectives. Finally, after I completed the analysis, then I will summarize and write down a conclusion about the result and the method that I used to reach to that conclusion.
E.g., Data discrepancies
The analytical methods that I use to do the data analysis depends on the types of data that I have collected. So, depending on those data, I may use qualitative or quantitative analysis techniques, or a combination of both.
Data Analysis: Data Analysis is the process of inspecting, cleaning, transforming, and modeling data with the objective of discovering useful information and arriving at conclusions.
Data mining: Data mining is the process of analyzing data from different perspectives and summarizing it into useful information.
Graphing data: Graphs are often an excellent way to display your results. I select the type of graph I want to use based on the information I am looking for. Popular graphs include bar graphs, line graphs, and pie graphs.
The value of graphing data is that it gives a visual depiction (ዲፒክሽን) of the information that allows the reader to make quicker meaning of the data. This is particularly true when you have a lot of data that can’t be quickly assimilated in a table format.
Data can be analyzed in a variety of ways. Most of the time, I use the quantitative data analysis.
Quantitative: quantitative data analysis simply means analyzing data that is numbers-based – or data that can be easily “converted” into numbers without losing any meaning. Quantitative analysis is considered to be objective – without any human bias attached to it.
Generally, I use quantitative analysis for three purposes:
• I use it to measure differences between groups.
• I use it to assess relationships between variables.
• I use it to test hypotheses.
Qualitative: Analysis of qualitative data is generally accomplished by methods more subjective – dependent on people’s opinions, knowledge, assumptions, and inferences (and therefore biases) – than that of quantitative data. The identification of patterns, the interpretation of people’s statements or other communication, the spotting of trends – all of these can be influenced by the way the researcher sees the world. The quantitative analysis can be influenced by a number of subjective factors as well. What the researcher chooses to measure, the accuracy of the observations, and the way the research is structured to ask only particular questions can all influence the results, as can the researcher’s understanding and interpretation of the subsequent analyses.
When I Clean and organize the data for analysis:
1. First, I define and describe what measurements or observations are needed.
2. Second, I Organize the data I have collected: For example, by enter any necessary data into database when I analyze large amounts of data.
3. 3rd, I Conduct data graphing, visual inspection, statistical analysis, or other operations on the data as needed.
4. Finally, I Interpret the results once I have organized my results and run them through whatever statistical or other analysis I’ve planned for and figure out what they mean for my evaluation.
There are 4 types of data analysis: Descriptive Analysis, Diagnostic Analysis, Predictive Analytics and Prescriptive Analysis
1. Descriptive Analysis
Descriptive statistics is used to analyze data that help us to describe, show or summarize data in a meaningful way. Descriptive Statistics are used to present quantitative descriptions.
Descriptive statistics are very important because if we simply present our raw data, it would be hard to visualize what the data is showing, especially if there is a lot of it. So, the Descriptive statistics enables us to present the data in a more meaningful way, which allows simpler interpretation of the data.
Descriptive statistics do not allow us to make conclusions beyond the data we have analyzed or reach conclusions regarding any hypotheses we might have made. They are simply a way to describe our data.
Typically, there are two general types of statistic that are used to describe data:
• Measures of central tendency
The 1st one is Measures of central tendency. We use this to describe the central position using a number of statistics, including the mode, median, and mean.
• Measures of spread:
The 2nd one is Measures of spread. We use this to describe the spread. A number of statistics are available to us, including the range, quartiles, absolute deviation, variance and standard deviation.
2. Diagnostic Analysis
Diagnostic analytics describes the techniques we use to ask your data. For example, “why did this happen? It is doing a deep-dive into our data to search for valuable insights.
Descriptive analytics, the initial step in most companies’ data analysis, is a simpler process that accounts the facts of what has already happened. Diagnostic analytics takes it a step further to uncover the reasoning behind certain results.
3. Predictive Analytics
Predictive analytics is used to make predictions about unknown future events. It uses many techniques from data mining, statistics, modeling, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to analyze current data to make predictions about future
Predictive analytics allows organizations to become proactive, forward looking, anticipating outcomes and behaviors based upon the data and not on assumptions.
Predictive analytics exploits patterns in transactional and historical data to identify risks and opportunities. With predictive analytics, it is understood that predictions may or may not happen
4. Prescriptive Analysis
Prescriptive analytics is a process that analyzes data and provides instant recommendations on how to optimize business practices to suit multiple predicted outcomes. In essence, prescriptive analytics takes the “what we know” (data), comprehensively understands that data to predict what could happen, and suggests the best steps forward based on informed simulations.
The purpose of predictive analytics is not to tell you what will happen in the future. Predictive analytics can only forecast what might happen in the future because all predictive analytics are probabilistic in nature. For example, human behavior can be unpredictable. So, statistical models that base an outcome on the analysis of human behavior requires a degree of caution.
The SLA reporting dashboard enables us to easily view how well we are meeting the SLA policies. The dashboard breaks down the SLA metrics by policy, day, and status.
The SLA reporting dashboard contains insights into SLA metric, so you can identify key problem areas easily.
Monthly WFFS – Partner Certificate Audit Process
For example, every month I compare the records in our database to the records that we received from partners to identify any field-to-field data discrepancies and also to identify any records that are found in our database or their database, but not the other.
To do this, first I import the audit data that I received from our partners to our Teradata database and then I run query to identify any discrepancy. And if there is any discrepancy, I have to pull multiple reports to summarize the results and provide record level detail of the discrepancies. And then I will research and resolve the discrepancies. Finally, I will calculate the matching and non-matching percentage of the records and it will be used on the monthly vendor scorecard for SLA (Service Level Agreement) tracking.
KPIs are the way we measure how well individuals, business units (LOB), projects are performing against their strategic goals. KPI is the tool that helps managers to know how close or far the team is to achieving an objective by monitoring progress toward KPIs. It allows the team to course correct if they are off pace to achieve the strategic goals.
I have experience in gathering and analyzing a business Requirement. For example, I read a business requirement to create a test case before I start testing our Software. And also when I design a database and report, first I gather business requirement, because I need to understand the business needs before I start developing a solution.
Business requirement outlines the business reasons for undertaking the project, the problem that the business customer wants to solve or the job that the customer wants to accomplish.
When I design a report or database, I gather the user requirement from:
• Domain Experts
Requirements Gathering Techniques:
To gather the business requirement, I use different kind of techniques. For example, I
• Conduct a brainstorming session
• Interview users
• Send questionnaires
• Work in the target environment
• Study similar systems
• Examine suggestions and problem reports
• Talk to support teams
• Study improvements made by users
When I gather business requirements, for my convenience, I divide the business requirements determination process into three major stages. They are: ’Capturing’, ’Clarifying’, and Confirming’.
During the first stage, which is ’Capturing’, it is all about getting the requirement in any way I can. It could be through interviewing, observation, or brainstorming. And then I go through all the information I captured and work with the users if I need any clarification on the requirement and then finally I confirm with the customer if the business requirements include all the problem that the business customer wants to solve or the job that the customer wants to accomplish.
From my experience, the best way to have a good requirement is to involve customers in the project and encourage them to correct and improve them throughout the process.
1. By telling a story with our data.
For example, by using time periods and historical data and through the use of showing a data trend over time,
2. By making our report visually pleasing
B/c the human mind cannot process too much data at a time without getting overwhelmed. Getting overwhelmed leads to decision fatigue – which makes it harder to think strategically. Therefore, when it comes to reporting, we should remember the mantra of “less is more”.
3. By making our report very clear
In management reporting, clarity is the primary objective. This has several implications for our report design:
• For example, following established dashboard design principles – such as giving plenty of white space, make sure our colors stand out from each other, and select colors carefully.
• Using common metrics that everyone who will read the report can understand and has experience with using.
4. By make our report interactive and customizable
5. By deliver real-time data that aligns with our objectives
6. By develop reports collaboratively
What I mean by that is, managerial reporting is designed to offer insight, clarity, and direction. By taking a collaborative approach, I can increase the chance of making tweaks or enhancements that offer a real benefit to business or managers
In my previous position, one of my responsibilities was to audit the loans in our Affiliates portfolio. So, we receive a lot of requests every day from our Affiliates, for flood zone determination, when new loans are originated or when they want to make changes or updates to the loans in their existing portfolio. And also, our team monitors our lenders portfolio each time a flood map change occurs in the lending area and then sends an update to their system.
So, there are a lot of files going back and forth between us and our affiliates. And sometimes the update that we send it to our affiliates system doesn’t get processed correctly on their side and sometimes the order we receive from them doesn’t get be processed correctly in our system. And as a result of that, we see some discrepancies.
The cause of these discrepancies is sometime just a timing issues, sometimes it is system issues or sometimes it is human error . So, to resolve these discrepancies, I perform an Audit. Depending on the affiliate, I perform monthly, quarterly or yearly data Audit.
• When I perform an Audit, I mainly used SQL, SAS, Teradata, Excel, SSRS and SharePoint.
• During an Audit, I perform data analysis to identify any discrepancies or errors. (The data analysis process usually includes: Organizing the data for analysis (data preparation), Describing the data and Interpreting those data ( when I interpret data, I assess the Audit findings against the evaluation criteria)
• After I completed the analysis, I write an Audit Report to communicate the audit findings and recommendations to management.
• Finally, after all discrepancies are researched and resolved, I write a final audit report and send it to my manager and our affiliate
My Audit report contents are:
• Audit Name and Report Date
• Objective and Scope of the Audit:
• Audit findings:
• Recommendation: Recommendation is for corrective action as it applies to each audit finding
• Management Response: Management Response is a section for management to include its written response to the audit finding and state any corrective action taken or planned
• Target Completion Date: Target Completion Date identifies the date corrective action will be completed by management/me/Affiliates/Vendor
We have worked diligently to try and include the majority of our frequently asked questions regarding our services